Wednesday, April 29, 2009

First re-tighten and other thoughts

Well I got first re-tighten on the April 1st. I did have some new growth and lets just say my head was a lil tender afterwards, reminded me of how I felt after braids. I was happy that she cleaned up the front a bit. My front is substantially shorter than the rest of my hair, plus it has the most perm and color so the texture is rougher, I'd say my hair is about 1.5 - 2" in the front and the rest between 7-8". I have had a few bouts of lock envy and have grown tired of the headband, but I know that this sister lock thing is a journey.

I saw someone's sister locks and they looked great and then I put my hands in my own, and was disheartned. Not to mention all of the grey hair that is showing up at the roots..yuck! My consultant said that I could use a semi-permanent color and my sister (she has traditional locks) suggested a shampoo with color in it.

I guess my locks are settling in and I've had no slippage or breakage what so ever, so that's good news. I'm posting some pictures, let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment